We suppose that you want to install or reinstall Adobe Acrobat, but you have lost your serial number that comes with the program. In this article, we will show you how to find the serial number for a paid Adobe application, then use it to license and activate Adobe program. Here we will take Adobe Acrobat Reader DC for an example. If you are using other versions of Adobe product, the steps also work.
Adobe Acrobat's serial number is 24-character numeric string used to activate Adobe Acrobat product. If you cannot provide one, activation can’t continue. If you do not activate the software, you will not be able to use the software to edit texts and images in PDF document.
We will cover 2 ways to do this here: The official method that requires your Adobe ID account and password you used when you first activated the software, and a convenient trick that needs a product key finder program.
If you have an Acrobat DC subscription, finding your serial number is simple. Adobe keeps track of it for you, To see serial numbers, here's how:
1. Access your Adobe ID account, and sign in with your Adobe ID and password. In Manage Account page, choose Plans & Products, then choose View your orders.
2. In the Order History section, then choose the order number.
3. In the Order number screen, choose Downloads and Serial Numbers. The serial number ID displayed.
If you have a standalone, non-subscription version of Acrobat DC, you can use specific product key finder to recover your serial number, see Option 2 to learn how to do.
With our Product Key Finder, you can get back Acrobat serial code with ease, as long as the serial number information was still left in the Windows Registry. Here these steps below will show you how to recover serial number for Acrobat Pro for your reference.
1. Download and install Product Key Finder on your computer first.
2. Launch the program, and then click Start Recovery. It'll show all the serial number for Adobe product, and another product key for programs that install in your computer.
3. Click Save to file and specify the location on your PC and then save your product key or serial number.
That's all for how to find serial number for Adobe Acrobat on computer. This Product Key Finder will find the serial number for any edition of Acrobat, including Adobe Acrobat XI, Adobe Acrobat X, Adobe Acrobat 9, etc.
Run the Acrobat DC installation program on your computer. Enter your serial number when prompted, and then click the Install or Activate button. The program will automatically communicate with the company's website to confirm the serial number, and then you can start using Acrobat DC on your computer.
Information in this article also applies to other Adobe products, including Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Lightroom, Adobe Dreamweaver, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, etc.