This guide describes 3 easy ways to save images embedded in a Word document. If you want to extract all embedded images in a Word document at once, please keep reading.
If you just want to save one or two images which embedded in Word, you can copy them individually.
Step 1: Copy a image.
In Word document, click the picture you want to export, and then press Ctrl+C.
Step 2: Paste as an image to Paint.
Open Paint app and then press Ctrl+V to paste the copied image. Press Ctrl+S to save this image.
To extract embedded images from a Word document, save the document as a web page, here's how:
1. In Word, click on File > Save As.
2. In the Save As box, type a name for the document.
3. In Save as type, select Web Page (.html). Then, click Save button.
Images will be extracted from the document and placed in the folder named <DocumentName>_files in the same location as the saved web page.
With this option, you need rename the extension of the file from .docx to .zip. Then unzip that file, you will get all images that embedded in Word document at once.
1. Select the required document, right-click it and select Rename.
2. Change the extension from .docx to .zip, and then hit Enter.
3. Right-click on .zip file, select Extract All....
4. Click Extract to decompress zipped folder.
Images will be extracted from the document and placed in the folder named media.