When you forgot Windows 10 password unable to get into your computer, the first thought on your mind may be resetting Windows 10 password with a USB password reset disk or an installation disc. But most of the time you may don’t have any disk laying around. Then what should you do? Take it easy. There is still some other way you can reset Windows 10 password without disk.
If you forgot Windows 10 password without having any disk at hand, then a default built-in administrator can help reset Windows 10 password without using any disk.
If you see a user named Administrator on your sign-in screen, that’s generally the built-in administrator account. Sign in Windows 10 with the Administrator and then reset password for that password-forgotten user.
Tips: A default built-in administrator has been existing on your Windows 10 since system installation was completed. But it is disabled by default, won’t display on sign-in screen before it’s enabled, has no password, and its name is Administrator if you haven’t changed it.
If forgot Windows 10 password without having any disk that can be used to reset password and your built-in administrator can’t work, never mind. You can right now use another computer to download a Windows 10 ISO file and burn the Windows 10 ISO file to a USB device to create a Windows 10 installation USB disk. Then use the setup USB to change or remove Windows 10 password.
If you forgot Windows 10 password without having disk and you think it not that easy for you to reset Windows 10 password while using an ISO file, never mind. It should be much easier with the help of Windows Password Refixer program.
Step 1: Make a boot disk with password reset feature
1. On another computer with internet access, download and install Windows Password Refixer program.
2. Launch this program. Follow its steps to burn the program to a USB device or CD/DVD drive to create a boot disk.
Step 2: Boot Windows 10 PC from disk
1. Connect the boot disk you just created on another computer to your password forgotten Windows 10 PC.
2. Start/restart your PC and access UEFI (BIOS) on your Windows 10 PC to set your PC to boot from USB drive or CD-ROM.
Step 3: Reset Windows 10 password
1. Windows Password Refixer will start once your PC boots up from the disk.
2. Select the password-forgotten user and click on Reset Password.
3. Disconnect the boot disk and reboot your PC when password is reset to blank. Then your PC will restart normally and Windows 10 can login without password.
Conclusion: When you forgot Windows 10 password without having disk that can be used to reset Windows 10 password, the built-in administrator account can be the only way that helps reset Windows 10 password without using disk. If you didn’t ever enable your built-in administrator account, instantly create a Windows 10 installation disc or password reset boot disk to reset your password.