A Word document can become corrupted, damaged or unreadable for several reasons that will prevent you from opening it. n this case, a professional Word file recovery program like iSumsoft Word Refixer is an excellent solution to repair damaged/corrupted .doc or .docx files. This article describes how to use iSumsoft Word Refixer to recover damaged Word files.
1. Download the Word Refixer tool and install it on your computer.
2. Run the Word Refixer and click the "Add" button to import a corrupted Word file. Make sure that the damaged Word file is completely closed before select it.
3. Click Open.
4. Once the file is added to the program, this program will automatically repair corrupted or damaged file.
5. If your file is not severely damaged, it will be repaired soon. You will see a prompt saying "File has been restored". Click OK.
6. Click Save to save the repaired Word file to a secure location.
7. After successfully saving, it will ask you if you want to open it, please click "Yes" to view the contents of the repaired Word file.