When you cannot unlock your iPhone/iPad/iPod backup as you entered the incorrect password, which prevents you to restore your iPhone/iPad/iPod from iTunes backup, you will need this iSumsoft iTunes Password Refixer. Following see how to use this program to find/recover iTunes backup password on iPhone/iPad/iPod.
1. If your backup password consists of less than 3 characters just free download and install iSumsoft iTunes Password Refixer on your Windows computer.
2. If your backup password are more than 3 characters, buy iSumsoft iTunes Password Refixer and install it on your computer.
1. Run iSumsoft iTunes Password Refixer.
2. Click Open button.
3. It pops up a dialog, which displays your IOS device and the latest backup whose password marked as Unknown. Select to highlight the encrypted backup file and then click OK. Then the backup file should be added in this program.
Note: If this program doesn’t automatically detect your IOS device and import the backup file, you need to click the Add File button to manually add your backup file. It is generally located in the folder below:
Windows 7: C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup.
Windows 8/8.1: Users>Username>AppData>Roaming>Apple Computer>MobileSync>Backup.
Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup.
iSumsoft iTunes Password Refixer provides 4 attack types to shorten the backup password recovery time.
1. Brute-force: Select this attack type and specify your password range and length, then this program will discover your password in your specified rang and length until find your backup password.
2. Mask: Select Mask when you still can remember part of your backup password. In addition to Range and Length, you need set the Mask. For example, your backup password are 3 characters, you remember the first character is 1, then you can set the Mask as 1??, the “?” means the unknown part of the password.
3. Dictionary Attack: Select this type when your backup password are some more common characters. This program will discover your password from its built-in dictionary.
Note: You also can create a dictionary and click Select Dictionary to add your dictionary file path.
4. Smart Attack: Select this attack type when you know nothing about your password. This program will try all possible characters combinations until find your backup password.
After selecting your appropriate attack type and settings, now click Start button. Just wait for a while and your backup password should be successfully recovered and presented to you on the dialog.
Then you can use the password to unlock your iTunes backup and restore your iPhone/iPad/iPod from the backup file.