“My iPhone 7 was stuck in recovery mode during an update, so I used iTunes to restore it to factory settings. Now the iPhone displays an Activation Lock screen asking me to enter the Apple ID and password that were used to set up this iPhone, but I forgot the Apple ID and password. What should I do? Please help!”
It’s really frustrating to forget the Apple ID and password to activate the iPhone, especially if you can’t retrieve the Apple ID and password. Things can be tricky in this case. But please keep calm. There are still ways to solve this problem. Without further ado, let’s take a look at how to activate and access iPhone when you forgot your Apple ID and password.
When you forgot the Apple ID and password to activate your iPhone, be sure to try to retrieve your Apple ID and password through Apple. This is the most ideal and costless solution. The following tips/methods may help you find your Apple ID.
Once you find your Apple ID, you can easily reset your password from Apple's iForgot website. After password recovery, you can use your Apple ID and new password to activate your iPhone.
The Activation Lock screen on some iPhones will display an “Unlock with Passcode” option, which allows you to unlock the activation with your device passcode. This option appears when the Apple ID that was used to activate or set up the iPhone has two-factor authentication enabled. If so, follow the simple steps below.
Step 1: Tap "Unlock with Passcode” below the Apple ID and Password input boxes on the Activation Lock screen.
Step 2: Tap "Use Device Passcode” in the pop-up menu.
Step 3: Then enter the passcode that was previously used to unlock this iPhone. If the iPhone belongs to you, you will definitely know what passcode you used before.
Step 4: Once the correct passcode is entered, the activation lock will be turned off immediately. Then you can follow the screen to set up the iPhone. During the setup process, you will be allowed to use a different or new Apple ID to activate the iPhone. The iPhone will no longer be linked by that forgotten Apple ID.
If your iPhone does not show the “Unlock with Passcode” option, unfortunately, Apple won't offer any other options to workaround the activation lock without the Apple ID and password. In this case, the best solution is to turn to a professional activation lock bypass tool. iSumsoft iLock Refixer is one such tool, which is designed specially to solve the problem that you cannot activate your iPhone because you forgot your Apple ID and password. It enables you to easily bypass the activation lock and get into the iPhone without an Apple ID and password. The tool works for iOS 11/12/13/14 and iPhone 6s/7/8/x/11. Download and install the iSumsoft iLock Refixer on a Windows computer, then follow these steps.Download
You can use any method you know to jailbreak your iPhone. But if you have no idea how to jailbreak iPhone at all, you can follow the simple steps below.
1. Launch iSumsoft iLock Refixer on your Windows computer, and then click Burn > Auto Burn > Start to create a jailbreak disk on a USB flash drive.
2. Connect your iPhone to the computer with an Apple lightning to USB cable, then boot your computer from the jailbreak disk.
3. After the computer boots up from the disk, follow the on-screen steps to jailbreak your iPhone using checkra1n.
4. When the jailbreak is complete, you need to restart your computer to return to the Windows desktop.
1. Keep the jailbroken iPhone connected to the computer, and then launch iSumsoft iLock Refixer on your computer again.
2. To solve the problem that you can’t activate your iPhone, select Bypass ID from the two options given on the software interface.
3. On the next page, click the Start button. The software will immediately start bypassing the activation lock that appears on the iPhone.
4. The process of bypassing the activation lock or Apple ID will take a few minutes. Always keep the iPhone connected to the computer and wait for the process to complete.
5. When the message “Bypassed Successfully” is displayed on the software interface, it means that the activation lock has been successfully removed from your iPhone.
Now turn to your iPhone. It goes directly to the Home screen without requiring you to enter any Apple ID and password to activate. Finally, you can remove the jailbreak by restarting the iPhone, if you don’t like jailbreak.
The last solution you can try is to contact Apple Support. Apple will help remove Activation Lock from a device for which you have a valid proof of purchase of the iPhone.
What you need to do is make an appointment with your local Apple Store in advance. After the appointment is successful, take your iPhone and proof of purchase to the Apple store. Explain in detail to the Apple staff that you have forgotten your Apple ID and password to activate the iPhone. After confirming that the iPhone is indeed owned by you, Apple will remove the activation lock so that you can use a new Apple ID to activate your iPhone.
Note: Do not try to disturb Apple if you lost the proof of purchase, or you got the iPhone from someone else. Apple won’t help in these cases.