Forgot Windows 8 Password - How to Solve the Problem
The latest Windows 8 has enhanced the password security level of all the Windows user accounts. Almost every operation should enter the user password. It has strengthened the protection of user privacy, but everything has two sides. People would often meet the problem of forgetting or losing their Windows 8 passwords to logon the Windows or install the applications. Don’t worry. There are some options you can choose to reset or recover Windows 8 password when you forgot your Windows 8 password.
Option 1: Use the Windows Password Hint to Remind You the Forgotten Windows 8 Password.
You can create a hint to help you remember the forgotten Windows 8 password when setting a password on Windows 8 like the date of your birthday or something. With the help of the hint, maybe you can easily remember the forgotten password. Of course the password hint will not display until you input the wrong forgotten Windows 8 password.
Option 2: Resetting Windows 8 Password through Password Reset Disk.
As the same of resetting forgotten Windows 7 password, you can also create a password reset disk on your Windows 8 to reset your lost or forgotten Windows 8 password.
1. Go to the Control Panel through the Setting on the right side.
2. Click User Accounts and Family Safety, and then click User Accounts.
3. Press Create a password reset disk on the left and create the password reset disk according to the procedure.
Another convenient way to access the Create a password reset disk is searching it through the Search on the right side as shown in the figure.
Of course you should prepare a USB flash drive or floppy disk to safe the password reset disk.
Then you can click Reset Password when you enter the wrong password. And now you can insert the target USB flash drive or floppy disk to reset your forgotten Windows 8 password step-by-step follow the prompts
Option 3: Reset Forgotten Windows 8 Password with Third-party Software.
There are many software programs which can recover, remove or reset lost or forgotten password for Windows. But a few of them support Windows 8. Now I recommend an application which can reset forgotten password for Windows 8 and other versions of Windows system by using the latest technology – iSumsoft Windows Password Reset. And it is also easy to use for everyone. Now I am showing you how it works to reset Windows 8 password.
1. You need a readable USB flash drive or CD/DVD.
2. Download, install and launch iSumsoft Windows Password Reset in one minute. And burn it into the USB flash drive or CD/DVD.
3. Then insert the USB flash drive or CD/DVD into your locked computer and start your Windows 8 booting from USB flash drive or CD/DVD.
4. When the dialog pops up and you can see all your Windows 8 user accounts are listed. Now you can select the password unknown user account to reset the password from unknown to blank. (Administrator account is also supported)
5. When the password turn to blank, congratulations, you can restart your computer and login your Windows 8 without any passwords.
Option 4: Reinstalling Your Windows 8.
This is the last option while all the methods didn’t work to reset your forgotten Windows 8 password.
So what will you do to reset your forgotten Windows 8 password? Of course I will choose the Option 3. Most of us do not prepare too much for the password like setting a password hint or create a password reset disk. And when we didn’t do for this preparation, iSumsoft Windows Password Reset is the best choice to reset lost or forgotten Windows 8 password.