If you are using the new version of Word 2013, you may have no idea how to remove the password protection if you've forgotten it or don’t need it any more. So here this article will show how to remove password from Word 2013 document in the cases below.
Case 1: When you still can open your password protected Word 2013 document, but don’t need the password protection any more. It will be easy to remove the password to make your Word document unprotected. See how to remove password in Word 2013 document with current password.
Case 2: If you forgot the password so that you can’t open your password protected Word 2013 document, you still can find ways to remove the password depending on the format of your Word document is .doc or .docx format.
1. If your Word 2013 document was saved as .doc format, see how to remove password from Word 2013 .doc.
2. If your Word 2013 document was saved as .docx format, then it will be impossible to directly remove the password. You have to firstly recover the password with the help of Word Password Refixer. After that you can remove the password. See how to remove password from Word 2013 docx.
If you have setup a password protection for your Word 2013 document, but later don’t want it any more, you can remove the password to make your word document unprotected.
Step 1: Open your password protected Word 2013 document.
Step 2: Click File in the upper left corner.
Step 3: Click Info option and click Protect Document button. Then select Encrypt with Password option.
Step 4: The Encrypt Document dialog box with your current password pops up. Delete the password from the password box and then click OK.
Now you have removed the password from your Word 2013 document. Next time you can directly open it without being asked password.
If your password protected Word 2013 document’s format is .doc, you can directly remove the password from your Word 2013 doc just with iSumsfot Word Password Remover.
Step 1: Download and install iSumsoft Word Password Remover on your computer.
Step 2: Run this program and click Open button.
Step 3: Browse for your password protected Word 2013 doc, and add it to this program.
Step 4: Click Remove Password button.
Then this program will remove your password by connecting iSumsoft software server.
Tips for you:
As this Word Password Remover only supports .doc format, in order to make it covenient for you to directly remove the password when you forget/lose it in future, you are adviced to save your Word 2013 document as .doc format.
In your Word 2013 document, click File -> Save As, select a folder to save the document. On the Save As dialog, SelectWord 97-2003 Document (*.doc) to save the document.
If your password protected Word 2103 document’s format is .docx, you only can use an indirectly way to remove the password. That is to say, firstly recover the forgotten/unknown password then remove the password from Word 2013 .docx.
Step 1: Recover Word 2013 password.
1. Download iSumsoft Word Password Refixer on your computer and install it.
2. Run this program. Then click Open button.
3. Navigate to the path to your password protected Word 2013 document. Select to highlight it and click Open to add this document into the program.
4. Select a password attack type and the settings. Then click Start button to start to crack password.
5. Your Word 2013 password will be cracked and displayed in the Word Password Recovered dialog box.
Step 2: Remove password from Word 2013.
After your password is recovered, just click Copy button and the paste the password to open your password protected Word 2013 document. Then remove the password by clicking File -> Info -> Protect Document -> Encrypt with Password.
Tips: Word Password Refixer supports both .doc and .docx format.